Choosing the best fridge for your needs
Where would we be without our refrigerators? The simple fridge is one of the greatest culinary inventions in human history. Choosing the best fridge for your needs can be a bit tricky, though; it all depends on how much space you have available and how much food you need to store.
Small Fridges for Small Spaces
Small spaces can benefit from a mini fridge or another compact form of cold storage. Here are some of the options available to you:
- The mini refrigerator, otherwise known as the compact refrigerator, is the perfect solution for tight spaces. The most common places to find mini refrigerators is in offices and dorm rooms, but this solution is great for media and recreation rooms as well.
- If you want to keep guests entertained, a wine refrigerator is a wonderful addition to your kitchen. If you don't drink wine, you can also use a small refrigerator like this to keep kids' drinks and snacks cold.
Bigger Options for Kitchens
If space isn't an issue, you open up a world of possibilities. Some of the full-sized fridge models you can choose from include:
- The classic fridge freezer combo, which is available in a number of different styles. Freezers are found on the top, on the side, and even on the bottom of refrigerators.
- Two-door refrigerators, which are a very popular option. The doors open to give you lots of space for storing pizza boxes, large cakes, platters and other oversize items. If you do a lot of entertaining or have a large family, this is a great option.
- Glass door refrigerators, which have been seen in restaurant kitchens for many years. These are becoming a popular home option as well, though. The clear door allows you to see what's in the fridge without opening it and letting the cold air out. A more modern option consists of a camera mounted inside the fridge and an interactive screen on the outside.
Written by Amy Brantley